Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Food Glorious Food!

Feed Me!

Hmmm...this is interesting.


I don't get it.  What's all the hype?

Last Tuesday Isaac had a GI appointment.  He is still pretty low weight - 15 lb. 12 oz (a little under the 10th percentile), but now his data points are following a consistent trend, rather than curving off the growth chart.

His GI Dr. gave us the green light to start rice cereal.  She asked us to start with it in his bottle because he is still spitting up a lot and she hopes this will help reduce spit ups (it hasn't).  I have been waiting 3 months to start, so I immediately went to Target to pick up some Happy Baby Organic Brown Rice cereal.   We started thickening his bottles on Tuesday.  He didn't really seem to notice and other than some constipation, he had no issues.  (I gave him some lactulose and he had the most giant blow out diaper I've ever experienced!)

Isaac has been watching us eat like a hawk and reaching for our food for the past two months.  Today we started actual rice cereal (mixed with elecare).  He ate it at first, but when I thickened it he got really upset and started spitting it out.  I gave him a bottle and then we tried again.  After a few starts and stops he seemed to enjoy (or at least tolerate) it). 

We were also given the green light to start solid single item foods.  Yey!  Time to get out the food mill!  I LOVE making baby food!  We were told to avoid the top 8 (dairy, soy, wheat, eggs, milk, peanuts, treenuts, fish and shell fish) anything that Isla reacted too (avocados).  We also have to introduce a food for 1 week at a time before adding another.  This is going to be exceptionally tedious for me, but I'm SO thrilled that Isaac is able to eat solid foods!

In other news, Christmas is coming in May this year!  Isla cannot stop talking about Christmas and Santa coming and she keeps asking us when it will be.  Yesterday she played with Santa and Charlotte (who was not actually at our house) all afternoon.

2 comments:

Kenner said...

He is just the super cutest little guy EVER! (And yay, I see you're using the bibs I got you!) I love when you have time to post photos :) Have fun introducing solids!

Lola said...

The cuteness is really off the charts here!