Isaac is sitting up independently for minutes at a time. He even reaches out to stabilize himself and pick up toys. It is amazing how quickly he went from the bobble head tri-pod to independent sitting. He is clearly very proud of himself and his proud smile warms my heart.
We finally also have a little more of a nap routine - one nap in the morning and one or two in the afternoon.
Isaac's helmet is going well. His therapist, Wendy, thinks he has about 4 more weeks. I thought I'd have it all decorated by now, but the R2D2 look we wanted to do didn't really work with his style of helmet. We ordered some stickers to make it a NASA helmet, but only one of the stickers was small enough. Now that we are probably 1/2 way done, neither Andrew or I are very motivated.
Although we haven't weighed him lately, I'm pretty sure he is packing on the pounds. He is starting to fill out his clothes a little more and sometimes almost looks like he has a double chin. He still wears size 2 diapers and fits in some 3 month outfits, but for the most part he wears exclusively 6 month clothes.
Isla has been a super helper lately and even gave Isaac a bottle for a minute until I could take over. Our little big girl has gotten over not leaving her bedroom and now comes into our room almost every night to tell us she has to pee. Our door squeaks a little and two nights ago I woke up to the question, "Why does your door squeak-squeak and mine doesn't?" I still peak in on her every single night. When she is sleeping I can still see the tiny baby she once was - it is something about the way she holds her mouth I think. It is like looking at the past and present simultaneously. Isla also no longer takes naps, but has quiet resting time instead. It amounts to the same thing as far as I'm concerned, but is a drastic improvement in her mind.
Right now Grauntie Didi is visiting and we went to the beach yesterday. Isaac had his first real dip in the ocean and seemed to enjoy it. Isla won't go within 100 ft. of the water and panicked when the sand started to get damp on our walk down the beach, but has no problem marching through giant mounds of sand flea covered seaweed to pick up a sea weed bulb. We made a sand castle city and went to dinner at a restaurant near the pier, braving the crowds of college students gearing up for Mexican St. Patrick's Day. It was a beautiful sunny day - perfectly warm but not hot.


No comments:
Post a Comment