Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Dinner Conversation

"It's my birthday!"
"Happy Birthday!"
"It's your birthday too."
"Oh cool!  We both are celebrating our birthdays."
"It's Ike and Daddy's birthday too.  It's all our birthdays!  It's our family birthday!"
"Wow!  That's fun.  Our real family birthday is coming up on August 6th.  That's the day Daddy and Mommy got married."
"And I was there in your tummy?"
"No, that came a long later."
"What did I look like before I was a baby in your tummy?"
"Like a sparkle in your Daddy's eye."
"Oh."
"Or maybe like an angel"
"A baby angel?!   ...and did I fly around!?!"
"Yep, waiting to be in our family."
"If I was a sparkle in Daddy's eye or a  baby angel, how did I get in your tummy?"
"That's some of God's magic.  He helps angels and sparkles get into tummys so they can grow into babies."
"Did he wiggle his foot to make it happen? When I wiggle my  foot it makes foot magic!"
"Well, maybe.  We don't know. They say that God works in mysterious ways."


This was followed by 3 minutes of silence with Isla lost in thought.

1 comment:

Kenner said...

Hahaha, foot magic helps make babies, LOVE IT! ;) She just says the best stuff (some day you should collect all the quotes and bind them for her - maybe as a present when she gets married or has a child of her own, or something!)