We have had a busy and very July, so far!
We spent the 4th of July with Gretchen, Bryan, Charlotte and Iris at their pool and then joined a bunch of friends for a potluck. Somehow I didn't manage to take any pictures of the kids in their cute 4th of July outfits.
Isla has been singing the Star Spangled Banner ever since.
Isla's God Family came into town for the 4th. Some of our mutual friends, Brady & Suzanne, recently moved to our neighborhood and we all had fun seeing their new place and going out to eat. Isla was a little shy but really enjoyed being in the midst of all the kids!
That weekend we went to a Super Man Party for Isla's buddy Michael, aka - "Super Man"
Isla doesn't really care for super heroes and was reluctant to dress up, until she decided to go as Super Minnie. My mom made Isla a Minnie cape a few months ago to go with her Minnie ears from Disneyland. I sewed a Minnie dress and we added some glitter to the cape, and voila, Super Minnie! (Isaac was Batman!)
The party was a blast! Isla had her first Snow Cone and then her 2nd, 3rd, and 4th! Isaac tried one too without syrup and pretty much ate it until his face turned bright red.
On Sunday we went to a local concert with Brady & Suzanne and their kids. Isla had a blast dancing to the music and playing with Kate and Colin.
The next week Isla started camp. She went from Monday - Thursday from 9 to 12. Last week was Science Camp and this week will be Olympic themed. I'm not exactly sure what the camp themes were, but on Monday they learned all about carrots and planted carrot seeds, on Tuesday they learned about layers, planted a succulent in laers of rocks, sand and dirt, and made spinning pictures. On Wednesday it was water & air day and they made soda explode with mentos, made balloons expand with baking soda and vinegar, and played with water balloons. Isla was literally bouncing when I picked her up. She had such a great time. Thursday was flight - they made kites, spinning toys, and paper airplanes.
I've been really impressed with how many details Isla recalls each day. She is able to tell me all about the experiments they've conducted and instructions the teacher gave. She's made some great friends too. She has a little crush on a boy named Owen, and she also is friends with a girl names Malia. At first I thought she was making it up, using her cousin's name, but then I met Malia. They are "shoe twins," and have the same tennies.
At the end of the week I worked around the clock like crazy to prepare a CE presentation for work. I gave the presentation yesterday morning and it went pretty well! Isla and Isaac and Andrew went and visited Grandma A & Papa George during the presentation.
Last night we met up with Mike & Wendy & Hunter and went out for pizza and beer. We haven't hung out in ages and Isla and Hunter had so much fun running around and playing. Hunter copied everything Isla did and Isla was very sweet with him.
Today we celebrated Isaac's 9 Month birthday and spent the day at Mike
& Wendy's house and pool. There is a kids pool in their
community that goes from 2.5 to 4 feet. Isla had so much fun playing in
a pool she could stand in and Isaac loved floating around. We also all
went in the hot tub. Isaac just dipped his feet in, of course and Isla
didn't stay in for long, but she was enthralled. She told us, "I love
this hot tub! We should buy one! It feels like being in a warm bath! I
just love it!"
Here's some pics - not in any particular order...
 |
| Isla proudly displays her 48 piece puzzle...& it is lenticular! (That is one of those pictures that changes depending on how you look at it.) She's a super puzzler! |
 |
| Fun with Cousin Hunter & Tapa-Tio Mike at the pool |
 |
| Ike loves the pool! |
 |
| Isla loved being able to stand in the pool. |
 |
| Floaty fun! |
 |
| Isla makes a super comfy cuddle fort. Reading one of her favorites... the Bernstein Bears. |
 |
| Cute Ike! |
 |
| The amazing affects of the flash! |
 |
| Orange Appeal |
 |
| Ike in the big tub! |
 |
| Isla & I made this Super 3 card for Micheal's Super Hero Birthday. I put painters tape on and then we covered it in glue and glitter. Once the glue dried we pealed it off - voila! |
 |
| "Dear Michael, I hope your birthday party is nice! We made you a superman card. We brought you a gift in a super man bag. I love you! We can play! How many food is at your birthday party? Happy Birthday! Love, Isla (AKA - Super Minnie)" (...and then she instructed me to add a lot of hearts.) |
 |
| First Snow Cones! |
 |
| Yum! |
 |
| Super Minnie! |
 |
| Super Minnie Cape! |
 |
| Ike's 1st Snow Cone! 100% Ice. I LOVED it! |
 |
| We had to stop him before he got frost bite. |
 |
| Someone is SO excited about turning three! |
 |
| Wonder Woman planned the wonder party! |
 |
| Party at the park! |
 |
| Isla loved dancing to the music and was such a sweet tiny dancer! |
 |
| More dancing fun! |
 |
| Our little camper on her 1st day! Camp was the coolest experience! I can't wait for her to do it again next year! The next week was Olympic theme - after a week of fun learning about sports and completing an obstacle course they had a medal ceremony with mentos and diet coke "fireworks!" | | |
 |
| Waz Up! |
 |
| Isla is working hard to earn her Cinderella Barbie! |
 |
| Ike discovered how fun it is to spin the stroller wheels. |
 |
| One more flash-tastic photo! (with an itchy allergy head as an added bonus....what do you think? Sr. Year Book worthy?) |
1 comment:
Papa and I really enjoyed having Andrew, Issac and, Isla over. You are right about Issac he is so cute the ways he giggles and laughs at you and our precious little Isla is sooooooo..... smart I just can't get over it. I hope we can all get together soon for a visit. Love MaMa A.
Post a Comment