Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Rational Thought...

September (before the 13th) 2011
I can't remember all the definitions for operational, pre-operational, etc. thinking. I think Isla is in the pre-operational phase, but I don't have the energy to even google it or re-remember what that means.

But...she is doing a lot of great reasoning & it is fun to watch the wheels turning...

Here are a few examples...
- On our way to preschool today (another SUPER day), we passed a car wash (one of Isla's many fears). We chatted about the car wash and the features of the car wash and as we drove down the street Isla pointed to a car with water drops on it and said, "That car went through the car wash." I asked her why, and she said, "Because it is all wet!"

Ok, maybe just one for now - I know she said something else similar, but I can't remember...

Also, we got a matching memory game today. We haven't played memory yet, but we took turns finding matches today and she loved it so much we had to play twice. I showed her how to use her finger to scan the rows and she is so cute scanning - she hold her finger about 6 inches above the cards and mutters to herself about what she's looking for. e.g. "Nooo...not the pickle mobile (it is a Busy Town game), noooo that's the banana car, not a match...no, no, no...The Pickle CAR! A MATCH!"

No comments: