Isla has been saying the funniest things lately...I thought I'd share a few...
- She has been acting as her own little narrator. When she was younger, we always said she was tweeting, because she'd walk around narrating her every action (e.g. "Isla is eating!") Now she narrates in the third person as well. For example, when I asked if she wanted lunch or to make potato print snowman, she said, "'Potato prints' came a voice."
- In the car the other day she was coloring with a tiny pencil. Isla piped up, "What am I smoking?" I looked back to see her pretending to smoke the pencil! I have no idea when she heard about smoking...maybe, The Night Before Christmas, "the smoke it encircled his head like a wreath." I'm not sure... Being the downer mom that I am, we had a big discussion about smoking that probably went right over her head. :-P
- Isla's been really interested in Disney princesses lately. Her favorite is Rapunzel. We watch clips on You Tube - the perfect way to expose your kids to the best of Disney. With so much going on and Isla missing naps, Isla and I have had some classic mother - daughter moments this past week. After one of our discussions, related to not watching any more clips on the computer, she marched in to the kitchen and told me, "When I grow up I won't live with any parents! Just a nice man!"
- The cranberry board's marketing attempts have worked 100% with my daughter. She is a huge fan of their little cranberry dude, "Cranston." She now wants to eat "Cranstons" all the time and we've been polishing off the remaining "Cranston sauce" from Thanksgiving.
- Isla likes the stickers that come on fruit. Occasionally she'll show up after a trip to the grocery store with stickers from fruit we never bought. She also will take all the stickers off the fruit for me that we do buy. She has a cantaloupe sticker that must have adhesive made of super glue because it is on her monkey jammies and has been since late October, despite numerous washings. If you ask her what the sticker says, she points to the numbers and letters on it and "reads," the sticker. "It says, 'I bought a cantaloupe!'"


2 comments:
I love these sooo much - Isla is hilarious and she is going to crack up reading these later! "When I grow up I won't live with any parents! Just a nice man!" is my favorite.
Hahaha, I too love the "nice man" comment ;) What a crack up!
Post a Comment