Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 19, 2012

Eating!



Isaac's NG tube is out and he has had 5 oz. of unflavored pedialyte today given in 1 oz, & then 1.5 oz. increments! He is doing pretty well, although he had some pain with the increase to 1.5 oz.
We will probably start elecare tonight. He had his leads taken off and now only has an IV!

He has tried to roll over a few times, which I take as the best sign of all!

I am hopeful we will be home very soon!

PS - My bed is that chair I'm sitting in below. It folds out into a surprisingly comfortable cot. (or maybe I'm just too tired to notice that it isn't comfortable.).

4 comments:

Michael and Amanda Romero said...

So happy is recovering so quickly! Can't wait to see him and get one of those amazing smiles from him! Love and hugs!!!

AggeJ said...

I'm so sorry I haven't been there to support you more but I thank you so much for sharing on your blog. I'm glad to say that I think that I have nipped my cold in the bud so when he gets home I hope that I can come and see him. So glad to see that he is doing so well. Love Ma Ma A

Rachel said...

Fantastic, amazing news!!! Love seeing his sparkling smile back.

strivingChef said...

Have I mentioned lately how much I LOVE Isaac? His smile is just too precious for words - what a brave and beautiful heart on that kid. The anesthesiologist was right, he is going to be such a charmer! He already is!!!

You amaze me with your grace under pressure and your faith, Ali. No child could ask for a more loving and wonderful mother and father. I am so happy for Isla and Isaac that they found their way to you and Andrew!

We're sending love and continue to pray for his speedy recovery every day.