For the past week I've been getting up to pump around midnight (or just staying up), feeding Isaac around 2AM, feeding him again at 5:30AM and then staying up to pump again. I'm SO tired right now. It is hard back stepping & this feels like the new born phase all over again.
This morning I lost it on Andrew and now he is going to do one night during the week too. THANK YOU!
Isla is having an explosion in her imaginary play. She has always been very imaginative, but now that her other friends are up for more imaginary play, it has taken off! Yesterday she and Charlotte played for 2 hours with almost no parent interaction (we got them a snack). They were reinacting and elaborating on a show that Isla had seen, but also incorporated going to the hospital, which I think is a healthy thing for Isla right now.
Isla loves to as "Why" right now. It is such an ingrained part of our conversations that I almost don't notice it anymore. Why? I think she does it because she wants to prolong the conversation and because she has a lot of curiousity about how it all works. Recently she has started explaining things to me.
Yesterday she told me all about how she needed food so she would have lots of "en-ger-gy." She needed the "engergy" so she could grow big and become a Mama.
Lately she has become interested in becoming a Mama. When we were talking about what she would do when she grew up she poopoo'd all my ideas and told me she was going to be a Mama. I told her she could be a mama and do another job and she said, "No, I'll just be a Mama." Then she told me that she wants me to have three more kids, but she'll help out because by then she will be big enough to breast feed ("give the babies 'Mama milk.").
We've had a lot of conversations about Isaac going into the hospital. She seems ok with it. She is excited that her grandparents are coming and said, "We should invite Grauntie Didi too!" So far I think it is going to be a big party for her. We talked about why Isaac needs surgery (of course), and she has a general understanding.
I spoke with the GI folks and they really want Isaac on 100% Elecare by surgery (tentatively next Thursday). I went for it & increased his ratio to 75% Elecare & 25% breast milk and he took it without a problem. Tonight I gave him 1 oz of just elecare and he took that too. The only real issue I think will be nursing before beadtime, but I might just continue until the surgery and stop then.
Isaac rolled over on Tuesday. In a surprise move, he rolled from to back! The surprise move even surprised him and he hasn't been able to duplicate it, despite a lot of effort.


2 comments:
Loving the update on Isla and her imaginative play! She is so creative! Thinking of you and Issac. Sending hugs your way.
So glad that Isla is doing well in the midst of all the chaos! Good luck with the pumping (ooooh, I HATED having to wake up to pump SO MUCH!) and getting Isaac to eat the Elecare! Sounds like he's doing better with it :)
Post a Comment