Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Post Partum

I finally got the birth story written - if you want to read it, it is here.

I have had some ups and downs, but over all I feel great! I've lost almost 20 lbs, which is great, since I was down just one measly pound when I got home from the hospital. I am also on a sugar streak, so the weight loss may be stagnant for awhile.

This post partum recovery has been 100% easier than it was with Isla. I feel so energetic and healthy and I have a lot less pain. I think a large part of that has to do with being off of the Sotalol. It also helps that I didn't get food poisoning 2 weeks postpartum this time!

I actually understand why doctors tell women to take it easy after giving birth - last time I couldn't imagine anyone wanting to exercise within months of having a baby. Today I walked Isla and Isaac to the store. It was the first real exercise I've had since I went into the hospital and it felt great. Hopefully I'll be back in yoga soon!

1 comment:

Kenner said...

Well it sounds like the heart meds made you super low energy (because your heart rate was so low, duh!) so maybe normal feels AMAZING now! :)

And you got food poisoning 2 weeks postpartum last time?? Holy moly, that's AWFUL! It sounds like you've just set yourself up to have a better recovery this time around, nicely done! ;)