Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Soooo Big!

Here's Isaac's 1 Month Photo - take 10-15.On the same day, he & Isla tried on their Christmas outfits from Grandma Teddy and Grandpa Tony. SO cute!!!Here are the final touches on Isaac's room -
The mobile...
His lovely pillows. Grandma Suzi made the colorful one!His Woody Photo holder! A gift from his Auntie Nell and Uncle Phil.
The complete look...

Isaac had his 1 month appointment on Friday.
It was actually his 6 week appointment, because we got off track from his stay in the NICU. I guess all his appointments will be two weeks off - which makes me a little crazy, but what can you do?

Every once in a while I just look at Isaac and I can't believe he is here and completely healthy. It feels truly miraculous!

Isaac has grown SO much!
Here are his 6 week stats (taken 11-25):
Weight: 10 lbs 4 oz (He's gained 4 lbs 1 oz since birth!) (35th percentile)
Height: 21.5 inches (25th percentile)
Head: 15.5 cm (50th percentile)

This is so similar to his stats in utero. On all my ultrasounds his head was always measuring a little bit big and his body a little small compared to age.

Isaac passed his check up with flying colors. He has a tiny umbilical hernia, which our pedi says will go away, but for now gives him a cute little outie belly button!

He is already out if his newborn diapers (to think he was wearing preemies in the hospital!) and is now in Size 1. He is also out of a a few newborn outfits that seemed to swim on him at first.

He's starting to be more wakeful and alert and loves making eye contact. Tonight (Sunday) he tracked both Andrew & me across his midline when we walked in front of him at a distance of 4 feet away. I'm not sure how he did it, considering he shouldn't be able to clearly see that far or track across midline yet, but he did.

We are still eagerly awaiting that first genuine social smile. He has had some questionable social smiles, but with all his tummy activity it is hard to tell. Tonight (Sunday) he laughed while nursing right after I laughed. His little laugh is so sweet - almost like a little bell ringing. I can't wait to hear it again!

He is cooing more often and is also more alert and awake longer. I'm enjoying gazing into his beautiful baby blues. He seems to be getting some more eye lashes too. Today (Monday) he was pretty fussy all day - not sure if it is the 6 week peak or just reacting to lots of reflux. He seems to have outstanding hand eye coordination. He occasionally swats at toys and attempts to put his paci back in. Maybe it is all coincidence, but it looks impressive.

Isaac also got to meet his Uncle Will and Auntie April over Thanksgiving! He loved all the non-stop cuddling available with his Grandma, Grandpa, Auntie and Uncle here.

GERD, etc. Update:
Isaac is doing much better now that he spends 24-7 in a vertical position. He's been a lot less fussy and is sleeping at least one 3 to 3.5 hour stretch every night. That being said, he still occasionally does the silent choking reflux thing. Today I had to flip him over and pat his back to get the spit up out. It freaks me out!
We are still waiting for his new medicine (prevacid, a protein pump inhibitor) to come. I (foolishly) used the mail order Rx service after they told me it would be cheaper and faster. So far it has not been faster, but since we haven't paid for any medicine yet, it is certainly cheaper. As of today I am officially off dairy. We'll see if it helps.

Sibling Update:
Isla seems to be getting more and more used to and fond of her brother. She now asks where he is if I'm not holding him after her nap. She also asks me to tell her stories about her and Isaac where Isaac is older and able to play with her. Isla is already looking out for her little bro (aka - "Bro-zac"). Whenever there are cookies or other baked goods, Isla sets one aside and says, "This is for Isaac when he can eat food."
Isla seemed to have a little anxiety with Grandma and Grandpa coming. She had a few potty accidents and asked my mom, "Why are you here?" On Sunday we had a big discussion about how Mama and Isaac are not going back to the hospital. Isla asked if Grandma and Grandpa would come if I did go. I said yes, but reiterated that we aren't going back. Then Isla said, "What if Mama and Daddy and Isaac and Grandma and Grandpa ALL had to go to the hospital? Would I be left all alone with NO grownups?"
We explained that, first off, that just isn't going to happen, and 2nd, she would never be left without grown ups. Clearly she is still anxious about the hospital stay and associates Grandma and Grandpa with it. Today she did ask when they are coming back, so she does miss them!"

1 comment:

Kenner said...

Oh, that's SO SAD how Isla associates Grandma and Grandpa coming with Mommy leaving :( Did you guys even KNOW she was worried about that until she brought it up? Not knowing what is going on in little kids' heads is the worst!

Congrats on Isaac's growth, though! He's SO CUTE and definitely growing faster than Nathan did if he's already out of newborn diapers ;) I'll hope you speedy mail thoughts and hope that the medicine helps the scary choking stuff!