Yesterday our nurse, Michelle, took Isaac on a tour of 3 East while I showered and got ready. Later I walked Isaac around (he was thrilled to leave the room!) and everyone greeted him. He became buddies with all the nurses. In addition to taking a walk, he sat at the main station and played with all the nurses.
This morning my mom came while I took a huge desperately needed nap. After Dr. F's visit we were able to take Isaac to the cafeteria with us while we got some food. He had a blast looking at all the people. After lunch we headed back to our room & packed up and Isaac was discharged.
Here we are saying good-bye to the staff of 3 East & Room 3135. We were only there for 6 days, but hospital time is like molasses. Ike had his IV removed right after this picture, which is good because last night Isla asked my mom, "Is Bro coming home with that STUPID thing in his arm?!"
Over all Isaac is doing very well. We gave him a bath and he had fun looking around at everything. He had a funny little expression on his face throughout the day, as if to say, "Hmmmm...this is familiar..." He still needs his tylenol and he seems to be positioning himself to avoid discomfort, but other than that, he is back to his jolly mellow old self.
Our Night & Day RNs for Wednesday & Thursday were two Michelles.


7 comments:
Hurray little Ike!!! Must be heaven to be home!
HE IS SO CUTE OMG!!! That smile! It must be so great to have him home. :D
He is just the happiest, smiliest baby ever! What a CUTIE! (He does NOT look like a baby recovering from surgery, that's for sure!) I can't believe it's already been a week since you guys went in for the surgery! So glad he's home and looking so good (and I bet you'll be glad to sleep in your bed again, too!)
Thrilled! So happy for all of you (Ike most of all) that the surgery and recovery have gone so well and he's already back at home. Ike is my hero! (And so his his mama...)
SO happy to know that both you and Ike are home!
I'm so happy that he has recovered so well. I am sorry sorry that I couldn't have been more involved to help you during this time but I have had my hands full with Papa. I'm at the hospital rehab right now as I right this to you. It looks like he will be released next Friday so I have been in training with him to learn how to do transfers etc. I have been spending the nights with him to be more a part of his therepys so that has keep me real busy. But again I think of you all often. Love MaMa A
OMG Ali, I just got all cought up on Ike's surgery posts. What an incredible little guy you have there! I hope he continues to recovery quickly and that everyone gets back to normal at home. Thinking of all of you!
~Leigh
Post a Comment