Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 2, 2011

36-36

36 Weeks & 36 Days to Go!!!

I've been looking forward to typing this post from early on...
& I'll have a belly picture to add soon! (Here it is...)Today I am officially bored out of my mind... I took a little walk (down the hall, to the window that overlooks the helicopter pad and the water), read a bunch, ate too much food & See's (I'm going to be huge!), talked to the nurses, napped, looked out my window, did arm exercises, wrote the alphabet with my feet, wished more people would post on facebook & update their blogs on the weekends, wished TV wasn't so terrible on the weekends... Right now I'm watching "Pawn Stars."

Andrew & Isla visited & we played hide and go seek in the hospital room and my parents are on their way to visit (Did I tell you my Dad is visiting! It is so nice to have him here and Isla re-named her favorite stuffed animal "Grandpa" when my mom came without him.)
(Some hide & go seek...)


I had a bunch of contractions yesterday & Isaac's heart accelerated with each one, just as it should. The only problem... I couldn't even tell they were happening! My guess is that they aren't doing much. Today I've had tons of Braxton-Hicks - the first I've had since being in the hospital.

Isaac is doing absolutely amazing! He may have actually converted, because he hasn't had any tachycardia all day. It sounds like he still is having arryhthmias, but in the grand scheme of things, that is ok. He did A LOT of sleeping today. I think the poor little guy is probably exhausted from the past 3+??? weeks. This afternoon - during a time he usually has tachycardia - he was very very active, just like he is during tachycardia. His heart rate went up in the exact same patterns it follows in SVT, except it never got above 160! It was really reassuring to see.
(More hide & go seek...)

4 comments:

Kenner said...

It's kind of cool that you now have such intimate knowledge of his sleeping and waking habits (silver lining, maybe?) I'm just thinking that someday you'll be able to tell him about his sleep patterns in the womb and all the stuff that you know he was doing before he was born. Maybe it's just cause it was my first time being pregnant, but the only time I knew anything was happening was when Nathan was doing karate on my bladder ;) YOU, though, know every detail of his day for the last few weeks! That just seems kind of neat :)

strivingChef said...

So wonderful that he is holding steady and doing so well! Does this mean that you may get to go home this week? I am so happy and excited for you guys. Yay Isaac!!!

The Deedster said...

Great news! I am so glad to hear that Issac is doing so much better -- and yes I can imagine that he is one tired "puppy." I can also imagine that you must be going totally stir crazy. Hang in there!!
Love, Didi

AggeJ said...

My Dear Ali it is so reassuring to hear that you and baby I Issac are doing so well. My Dear Pa Pa had another stroke sometime in the past two weeks so he is back in the hospital and can't feel his right leg. They are saying his carotid arteries are clogged and will treat him accordingly please keep him in your prayers and we will keep you and Isaac in our prayers as well.
Love, MaMa A