Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, October 3, 2011

Homeward Bound!

(a little Simon & Garfunkel nod...)

I am going home today!!! (For REAL!!!)

We had the fetal echo this morning. Everything looks perfect!!! Thank God!!!
Right now he is not having any valve regurgitation and the pericardial effusion (fluid around the heart - 1st stage of hydrops) is gone (I didn't mention that earlier because it was freaking me out a little too much to share.) This is great because it indicates that without the tachyarrhythmia his heart is healthy.

Isaac has only had a few minutes of SVT in the past 24 hours and the cardiologist and perinatologist are both thrilled.

I am going to continue to see Dr. R twice a week for non-stress tests and biophysical profiles and regular OB appointments.

Delivery will be planned as normal (and not next week - we'll just wait until he is ready). I am going to be on modified bedrest & on the heart medication, but I will be able to get up around the house...basically a little more active than I have been here, but not much.

The cardiologist said that Atrial Fibrillation and Atrial Flutter usually resolve with birth and SVT typically does too. The plan will be for Isaac to be observed a little longer than most babies without medication to see if his condition resolves. He will then see a cardiologist and has a good chance of having no issues at birth.

This is such a hugely different spot than we were in last weekend. Now that things are so good the Doctors are a little more honest about how scary things were last weekend. Apparently he was in tachycardia 45-50% of the weekend and everyone was sure we would be delivering this past week.

We are SO Happy & SO Thankful!!!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Amazing, fantastic, miraculous, awesome.
Beyond happy for you guys!

Kenner said...

Oh HOORAY!!!! I'm so excited for you guys!!! Enjoy your own bed, and your own shower, and your own food, and being able to see your little girl all the time . . . but don't overdo it! :)

Emi said...

I'm so excited, and so happy that things seem to be progressing in the right direction. You have handles everything with such strength and grace. Sending lots of love and happy thoughts your way.

Erica N. said...

That is such great news! I hope the rest of your pregnancy and delivery is happy, healthy, and as stress-free as possible!