Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Littlest Mommy!

Isla is really excited about Isaac coming home. Yesterday she got him a welcome home balloon at Vons and today she and Grandma made cupcakes for his coming home party. Everyday she asks if he will be home. She is also really interested in the breast pump. A few days ago she asked about it (she knows that mommies can feed their babies with milk from their breasts and that that is what I did with her.) She asked to taste what I pumped and said it tasted yummy like candy corn or minty (!?!). She also wants to try the pump, so I am going to get her some old pumping supplies and she can have her own pump if she wants.

Today while I was pumping she told me that she has a special machine that gets her milk and puts it in her tummy to feed the baby in her tummy.

When she first got home from seeing Isaac in the hospital my mom said she carefully wrapped a cup of water in a blanket and carried it around. Since then she has been swaddling and feeding all of her stuffed animals.

Isaac should really be home tomorrow! He passed his car seat test and his bili levels are coming down. He is still occasionally coughing with his spit ups, but they are not affecting his saturation now. The best news - his heart looks so good that Children's decided they don't need a follow up (Children's came over and did his echo.) That is the best news of all!

Right now he has a killer (bloody) diaper rash and the day nurse pissed me off by blowing off my suggestion that it was a yeast infection. The night nurse (who said she loved cuddling him all night last night and said she was so happy to have him again tonight) took one look at the rash and showed up with nystatin 20 minutes later. (See, Day Nurse, I know what I'm talking about!)

5 comments:

Kenner said...

Hahaha, your breast milk is both Halloween and Christmas flavored, that is awesome! ;) I love hearing all your stories (Isla is adorable!) and I love that you added Isaac's name and picture to the header! BOO for the crappy nurse that didn't listen to you, though :( That is awful, I hope it clears up soon!

V.Moon said...

Hi all!
So glad everything is going well now and you'll all REALLY be home tomorrow! The black light pictures are so cool! Looks like Isaac has had help shining!(As if he needed any)! The Isla stories are precious as usual!Thanks for asking for prayers for J. and your Aunt.Will do. Love and Later Grantie V.

Unknown said...

How do you have all this time to blog!?! I am impressed! An I love this Isla story, too cute!

Bummer about the rash, hopefully it clears up fast.

Kenner said...

Yeah, I was thinking about that earlier today, too! You're doing posts with PICTURES and everything! What the heck are you doing, shouldn't you be sleeping? ;) I adore the updates, but it occurred to me, "Wait a minute, isn't she kind of BUSY right now?" You're incredible!

Ali said...

Haha! Blogging is destressing & I do it while pumping, if you must know... :-P