Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Still Looking Good!

Isaac just had his first tachycardia in the past few hours - & it only lasted for 3 minutes!
I think this is as close to cardioversion as we are going to get, but it is fantastic.
The medicine is doing its job almost too well...with my heart rate often in the 50's and Isaac's between 100 & 120 most of the time (normal range is 110-160), my guess is this is good balance.
The most exciting thing is watching Isaac's heart rate shoot up during his active times - it shoots up to the 140's!!!

I am hoping to go home very soon!!!

I'm handling the medication much better now. I still occasionally get sleepy, weak or nauseous and I still get random twinges of chest pain, but I have so much more energy. The loads of See's candy my family has given me has been excellent self medication.

Now that things are looking so much better, the calmness and confidence I felt at the beginning is slipping. (In the past 2 and a half weeks I've spent many a night watching the monitor as my baby's heart struggled away at ridiculously high rates and let the tears flow - while trying not to sob out loud so I wouldn't have to talk to the tele nurse, but also stay calm and breathe just in case my crying had an adverse effect on Isaac - BUT, for the most part I have felt, to quote one of my favorite songs, "peace like a river [...and] love like an ocean [for Andrew, Isla & sweet baby Isaac and everyone who has supported us] in my heart). Now that things are improving so much, my anxiety and fear and the weight of everything that has happened is creeping back in.

My wonderful sister told me not to waste my time worrying that I don't feel the way I think people think I should feel. (Did you follow that, b/c if you did, it is some very insightful wisdom.) I am trying to keep that in mind when I am flooded with dread or sadness that seems more appropriate for all the scary things that were happening last week.

I have a series of awesome nurses - Sara and Stephanie - two days & nights in a row! Today I found out that Sara went to school at Johns-Hopkins in the same class as my friend Nan's husband. How random (cool) is that!?!?

Also, dining forgot my sherbet (again) and Rose, one of the other nurses, called down & got me two sherbets. Now I have a stockpile of sherbet in my mini- fridge!

No comments: