Isaac likes to fall asleep while nursing and just let a mouthful of milk drool out all over me. I think his little nursing reflexes keep going for a minute after he falls asleep, because it happens every time.
Have you ever seen "Little Shop of Horrors"?
This song is stuck in my head...
"Feed me."
"Does it have to be human?"
"Feed Me!"
"Does it have to be mine?"
"FEED ME!"
"Where am I supposed to get it?"
"Feeeeeed Me Mama!!! Feed Me ALL NIGHT LONG!
'Cause if you Feed Me Mama, I can grow up Big and Strong!"
(I changed the lyrics from 'Seymour' to 'Mama') I remember having this song stuck in my head when Isla was tiny too! Actually Isaac is much less demanding than Isla, but if you wake him up and he realizes he's hungry it is the one time he really cries (for now).
I LOVE the newborn phase!!! This phase is the one time in my life when the Duggar lifestyle just makes so much sense. Right after (I mean within hours of giving birth to Isla), I burst out crying in one of my typical postpartum crying jags and told Andrew that I couldn't possibly just have only one more baby. Well, this pregnancy was no picnic and I was pretty sure two would be just the right number of kids for me, but now I can't imagine not having more babies! Especially since I feel like I didn't even have a real 3rd trimester... We'll see what happens.
Right now Isaac is sleeping on my lap, smelling divine and making little newborn snorfels and 'huh, huh, huh" breaths. He is so delicious!


3 comments:
Ahh! Love this post! So happy for you and your family! So happy that Issac is home and healthy! So happy that you have such a beautiful moment to share with all of us! *hugs*
Hi little family...
Thanks so much for sharing so many of your precious moments in these special first days at home with sweetie boy Isaac! Have a magical first week and beyond! Love, G&GV&B
Love it! Pictures pleeeeease!
Post a Comment