Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Brush-a-brush-a-brush-a

As most of you know, brushing me teeth is the bane of my pregnant existence...
During 1st tri and 1/2 of 2nd tri, I gagged and usually threw up most of the time I brushed my teeth (it was even worse with Isla). Since about 22 weeks, the only time I still throw up is when I brush my teeth. (Although if Andrew uses the "bad" toothpaste - Crest Pro-Health) I get pretty nauseous just smelling it.

On Thursday I brushed my teeth an hour after taking Sotalol and threw up. Dr. R said no brushing my teeth within 3 hours of taking the medicine. I take it at 6AM, 2PM, and 10PM. The morning isn't an issue, but if I forget to brush before taking it at night - Yuck!

BTW, I'm not the only one who has this issue. My supervisor at work recommended secretly trialing other people's toothpaste whenever I'm at someone's house...that is how she found a toothpaste that didn't make her sick when she was pregnant.

1 comment:

V.Moon said...

Poor you Ali! No I didn't know about your teeth brushing dilema. What a spiral of annoyance! You're such an expert on keeping your eye on the prize and coping...Go Ali!
The Isla stories & pictures below are priceless! You and Andrew have such a sweet pumpkin pie!
Grantie V.