Well today was our second day of training. I was really unsure, but hopeful last night. She ended the evening with a successful run to the potty while playing after previously having successes only while already sitting on the potty or having "stopped accidents."
The stats from yesterday were:
Total Peepees - 8
Complete Accidents - 2
Stopped Accidents - 2, Peepees while Sitting - 3
Independent Peepees (Isla initiates while away from the potty) - 1
Longest latency to pee: 1 hour & 52 minutes
Shortest latency: 15 minutesAverage Latency: 1 hour, 2 minutes
Today I put Isla on when she woke for 5 minutes, but we did not spend long periods of time sitting on the potty. She had one stopped accident an hour & 46 minutes after waking and the rest of her Peepees were independently initiated (Although I was checking on her and reminding her constantly). Isla was nakie all day, but after successful pees ("voids" in the biz) I put underwear on her for short periods of time. This evening she had underwear on for almost 2 hours.
Here are today's stats:
Total Peepees - 5
Complete Accidents - 0!
Stopped Accidents - 1
Peepees while Sitting - 0Independent Peepees - 4!
Longest latency to pee: Possibly 2 hours & 27 minutes (she woke up dry from her nap - a first! - after I changed a poopoo diaper early on in the nap, but I'm not sure exactly when I changed it) , Shortest latency: 1 hour & 12 minutes
Average Latency: 1 hour, 46 minutes!
Isla did not want to put on a diaper for nap time, so tomorrow we are going to Target & getting some pull-ups for bedtime & Isla is going to pick out her own underwear.
Also on the game plan tomorrow - moving the potty a little further away (until now it has always been in the same room as Isla), wearing underwear all day, and going on an outing right after a success & hopefully staying dry. We also might be going out to dinner tomorrow night...
Looking at today's stats, it really seems like things are going well, but I don't feel like this is 100% for sure going to happen yet. It seems like an impossible feat to translate what we've been doing into real world success and I'm still pretty anxious.
Here's the Super Girl in Big Girl Underwear with her sticker chart behind her & M&Ms in her cup!
PS - Update on Isla's Francis Obsession - Tonight, while reading her bedtime stories Isla used two small flags to "knit a sweater." It was impressive! (This might also be a nod to her Great Grandma Helen & Great Nanny Claire, who also knit.) Between knitting and holding up the imaginary sweater to see if the sleeve fit, she jabbed the flag into my arm to take blood tests.
PPS - During Isla's bath tonight she turned into a "porky-pine" and apparently Andrew & I transformed as well. I just went in to check on her b/c she was singing & not sleeping, which usually means she pooped, and when tucking her in she requested that I sing her a "porky-pine song." I did.
PPPS - I am OBSESSED with my newest cookbook - Our Best Bites, from a website of the same name. The book is filled with straightforward but delicious family friendly recipes. I've been cooking from it all week, but it also led me on a popsicle obsession (ok, this is major deja vu - I think I shared this already. Oh well...) I haven't tried any of the popsicles in the book, but I've had fun making up my own. So far we've made chocolate banana pudding pops, chocolate marshmallow pudding pops, Brazillian Limeade popsicles, & vanilla peach pie pudding pops (french vanilla pudding with a dash of cinnamon and allspice & chunks of fresh peaches.)


No comments:
Post a Comment