Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, July 8, 2011

Something Cool!


I'm going to get around to an actual post soon, but I wanted to share some exciting Isla news.
In the past two weeks, Isla has really started talking about smells. On our drive home from Nor-Cal (always a smell fest with crop dusting & cattle ranches) she repeatedly asked us about the stinky smells.
Tonight when we were playing cooking I took off the lids to some of the empty spice containers I've used to augment her play food collection and she couldn't get enough of smelling them all. We've smelled flowers & food & even my spices before, but she never seemed too interested. It was almost as if she was going through the motions.
This time something seemed to click & she couldn't get enough!

My theory - she is interested in smelling because she can actually really smell now!
Her adenoids were almost completely blocking her nasal passages & I think now that they are gone & the swelling has gone down she is really smelling things for the first time. I'm going to ask her ENT at our follow-up, but either way, it is very exciting and fun to watch her exploring her senses!

2 comments:

Emi said...

YAY!!!!! =)

AggeJ said...

I guess you guys are back now hope you had a good time up North I bet your sister is still honeymooning and very happy. I bet it is fun for Isla to be experiencing all the smells that she could never smell before.