Pregnancy insomnia is setting in...gaaahhhh!
I've cleaned the house, mopped the kitchen floor, looked at facebook and amazon and now I'm going to give a quick potty update and go to bed!
Day...what day are we on?
Day 6 -
Things got off to a great start! I got to sleep in, which, when I'm pregnant, means I got to lie in bed and read while Andrew played with Isla.
We have really been pushing for Isla to "try" before major transitions - first waking, eating a meal, taking a nap, taking a bath, leaving the house, coming home, and going to bed. She is not a fan, but still complies. We had her nakie most of the day today, but in the evening we put her in underwear without issue (big step forward!).
We are still giving her candy & stickers for all successes. She LOVES the candy, so fading it is going to be an issue down the road, but not one I'm up for dealing with yet. Tomorrow I'm going to try to get her back in night diapers at night. We may use pull ups for naps, b/c she occasionally wakes up dry from naps, but I'm not sure. She still takes 2-3 hour naps, so it doesn't seem completely realistic to expect that to change yet.
The potty is still in the kitchen, but I haven't been taking it outside with us or having her sit on it at all. She still wants to sit on it sometimes and I let her, but other than sitting on it for "tries" and when she actually needs to go, she's not required to stay on it.
We've also decreased reminders. My handy excel chart gives us enough info to know when she'll probably need to go, based on when she went last and how much she has been drinking. Isla is taking a lot more initiative now, but we still need to prompt her occasionally.
She had one stopped accident this morning. It was a tiny accident and we're not sure if we stopped it or she stopped it. Other than that she was 100% successful and had 1 BM. We are all a little less stressed about this and I think it is helping.
Here are the stats:
Day 6:
Total Peepees - 6
Complete Accidents - 0
Stopped Accidents - 1
Peepees while Sitting - 0 (N/A)
Independent Peepees (Isla initiates while away from the potty) - 5
Poopoos - 1
Shortest latency to pee: 15 minutes (after her nap - counted from wake up time)
Longest latency: 1 hour, 45 minutes


No comments:
Post a Comment