Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, July 11, 2011

A Big Sister

Isla is really pulling out the stops & throwing some amazing tantrums lately. Amazingly enough though, she's willing to stop her tantrum if I tell her that I need to make one more phone call & ask her to please be quiet during the phone call. I am constantly amazed at how easy going she is & willing to please. It makes every day a joy!

Lately she has been my little BFF. We've spent a lot of time together with the road trip & then Andrew going out of town last weekend. It has been so much fun hanging out, cooking, playing games, singing, reading & running errands together. Today when we were out shopping & she was holding my hand she would just give the top of my hand a kiss every few minutes...totally adorable.

I'm glad we are getting our Mommy & Isla time, because we both know that it is short lived. People ask us all the time what Isla thinks about Isaac coming. I always say the same thing, "We've told her about it, but we try to let her take the lead and don't bring it up too often unless she brings it up." I also tell them about the photo book I made of my pregnancy with Isla & the first year of her life, which we plan to use to show Isla that the things we do with Issac are the same things we did with her.

Lately Isla has been bringing up Isaac a lot more. The comments are varied and random.
Yesterday she told me I could carry her AND Isaac when we were leaving the beach. (True, but I couldn't carry her, Isaac, a beach bag a cooler, and a beach chair, so since she was the only one capable of walking, she had to walk.)

We drove by the hospital where Isla was born and talked about how she was born there and we stayed there for a few days & mentioned that Isaac was going to be born there too. She wanted to visit & we warned her that it might not be possible, but that is ok, because we were going to bring Isaac home from the hospital to live with us.

Today she asked me who our cooler bag belonged to. I told her it was our family's cooler bag. She asked again & I said it belonged to Mama, Daddy & Isla. She said, "And Isaac!!!" (Already looking out for him.)

We also had a discussion about how Isaac eats when he is in my tummy. I explained that I share my food with him & that is why I have to be really careful about what I eat so that I don't give him anything that isn't safe for a baby. We talked about how I shared my food with Isla too and she said, "But now I'm out of your tummy & I get to wear stretch pants!"
(Just one of the many bonuses of being born!)

Today we also talked about how Isaac was going to have his own baby car seat when he came and Isla picked out a place for him in the car. She was a little concerned that he might get to sit up front next to me, which led to a conversation about airbag safety. Isla was excited that she was going to get to sit next to Issac in the back.

The sweetest thing is that Isla always includes Isaac when we talk about our family. She lists him when listing family members, mentions him in her prayers and has even said, "Isla loves Isaac" and patted & kissed my tummy a few times.

PS - Isla's obsession with the Francis books continues. Tonight she told Andrew that she wanted to empty her piggy bank so she would have some traveling money.

No comments: