All that changed at Michael's 2nd birthday.
We had to pick Andrew up at the airport later that night, so we skipped Isla's nap & stayed at the party for 6 hours.
We got in the party mood with braids. Isla's Godsisters visited us (Yey! Jason is home from deployment!) & every we visit, Isla wants more elaborate hair styles after they leave (Isla's God Mama is a super stylists & does Teal's hair in all kinds of cute braids & pony tails. Stacy has been so helpful in teaching me to style Isla's hair.) Well Teal had braids this time, so Isla wanted braids too. Here she is, looking good & feeling great!
Isla really wanted to go in the bounce house but was too nervous to go alone. I couldn't go in (& when I later decided to chance it & just sit in the corner of the house with Amanda & Pam while our little ones ran around, I was drop kicked in the stomach & felt like a complete fool for even considering going in. Anyone reading who is pregnant - please take this as a vicarious life lesson! I can't tell you how dumb it feels to call your OB and say, "Well, I was in a bounce house with my 2 year old..." Actually, I really can't tell you. I was too embarrassed to mention the bounce house when I called the advice line.)
Amanda took Isla in (Thank you!) and in no time she was bouncing around like mad. By the end of the day she was happy to go in without an adult & even bounced with some of the big kids. I think she probably spent a hour in there total. I had to take her out every once in a while and make her drink something because she was literally foaming at the mouth.
Here she is taking a breather...
And here she is at the end of the night running in circles around the canopy pole, yelling, "I'm spinning dizzy!"


No comments:
Post a Comment