Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

"We all Live in a Yellow Subatrine!"

Isla was singing this at the top of her lungs instead of napping today... while simultaneously standing on her crib in downward dog, shaking her head and jumping.

The actual post title should be Octopus' Garden...
I made Isla an Octopus Hot Dog for lunch today (Thank you Gertie for the fabulous idea!).
She was REALLY impressed.
She also REALLY did not want to eat it. Instead she played with it. She talked to it. She told me it was coughing too much & put a tomato on its mouth and said, "Here's your teddy bear treatment Octopus." (That's what we call Isla's inhaler b/c the spacer has a teddy bear on it.) She told me about how it was peepeeing and poopooing all over her plate & then pretended to change its diaper.
I ate my Octopus hotdog & explained that it would make the octopus happy for Isla to eat it. I felt a bit like an evil carnivore - Ellen would not be impressed. She finally ripped off part of a leg & bit of some of its head, but after acknowledging that it was delicious, she wanted to play some more.
I resorted to setting the timer & told her she could eat it or play with it, but in 5 minutes whatever was left was going in the fridge. She played with it for about 4 minutes & 45 seconds and then just as I was going to get a tupperware, she inhaled it. I honestly thought she had thrown it somewhere, it disappeared so fast, but when I asked she said it was in her tummy (still peepeeing and talking to her apparently, because she talked to it for another 5 minutes!).

2 comments:

Kenner said...

Hahaha, I like that it kept talking to her while it was in her stomach ;) What a hoot!

Krikri said...

This. is. hilarious. Isla is awesome!