She was super excited & got her self completely undressed and dressed in the morning. We rushed around, but made it with time to spare - always hit or miss when I'm involved. Haha!
At school we took pictures (the only time I almost started crying)
While she was at school I went over to the fellowship hall where they had drinks and doughnuts for the parents. I found the table with other parents from her class and we talked the whole time they were in class and then all walked over as a group. (The parent support / socializing is almost overwhelming, but very welcome!) I found out that one of the other kids in her class has peanut allergies and another parent in her class is the RN at her GI's office! Such a small world! (Did I mention that another parent is a L&D nurse at the hospital where Isla was born?)
The class was eating snack when we arrived. She was excited to see me and excited about her snack. Her teacher said she did great - no tears! She played with the necklaces, read a lot of books and played play-doh. Right now she is the only girl in her class - the only other girl is in japan for 6 weeks.
We had to rush out because I had an OB appointment (all is well, I'm measuring 2 weeks behind, which is weird b/c I feel HUGE!). During our drive Isla told me (answered my questions) about school. She really liked a book about a snake that one of the teacher's read. It is so exciting that she has a new and independent part of her life (although if someone wanted to tape her at school, I would happily watch each and every minute!)
Isla was really silly after school and seemed very proud of herself. We are too!!!


2 comments:
Isla's first day pics are adorable! The preschool sounds fantastic, and if it's the same preschool I am thinking of, I know she will have a great and wonderful time!!!
Emi, it so IS the same preschool you are thinking of...I took that picture of her in front of the sign just for you!
Post a Comment