I'm SO excited... after a wonderful night, a great ultrasound and a meeting with the neonatoligst Isaac & I are going home today!!!
I feel so much better about it than yesterday!
The SVT is drastically reduced - while Isaac is not fully converted, he is in sinus rhythm most of the time.
He still has PAC and a variation of PAC where his heart pauses completely every few minutes, but with the medication, that is no longer consistently triggering SVT. The PAC is actually what is causing the valve leakage - during the ultrasound today we were able to see the valve pause and stay open during the PAC. There were no signs of hydrops (fluid retention = heart failure). In other news, Isaac moved from perfect birthing position - head down, back facing the left side (Left Occiput Anterior) to breech!
We go in for monitoring tomorrow night (during his most active SVT time) and again on Sunday for monitoring and then regularly after that, depending on how he is doing and we will have regular ultrasounds to check for hydrops.
I'll be on modified bedrest at home - no grocery shopping, taking Isla to preschool, staying on my feet for long, etc. The doctor said to try to mimic what I'm doing here, so sitting down when ever I can. Basically any stress on my heart can put stress on Isaac's heart, and the heart medication makes it easier to put stress on my heart. The doctor said, "It is better for you to be at home being mostly unhelpful than be here being completely unhelpful." This will be tricky, but I don't think we can avoid it, because if I sit up for too long or walk too much I get dizzy sick feeling.
Delivery is still up in the air, but I may be able to deliver at my original hospital and there is still a chance of a very, very monitored normal delivery!
Yey! Yey! Yey!
Thank you so much for all the prayers and positive thoughts. I know they are a powerful part of Isaac's recovery!


3 comments:
Hurray!!!
Absolutely thrilled for you, Andrew, Isla and Isaac!!!
So glad you'll be home with your family at last.
You have the heart of a lioness.
Keep us posted, we're cheering for you and Isaac all the way.
Love,
A
Hooray! Ceering for you and Issac, *high fives* to Andrew and Isla!
YEAH!!! Thanks for all the blog updates, I've been checking constantly. :) I'm excited that you get to go home! Sending you lots of love! :)
Post a Comment