I love looking out my window! The view is beautiful!
Thank you SO much for all the positive wishes and love! It makes all the difference!!!
My mom came today and we are so excited to have her here! Isla seems to be doing well too, but she is still a little reluctant about hugging me in my bed. She loves the nurses and chats with all of them. Isla and Andrew went to Sea World with Bryan and Charlotte today and had a great time.
The doctors are still adjusting (i.e. increasing) the medication levels and they seem closer and closer to finding the amount that is right for Isaac.
(Correct Dose = Going Home!!! I think we are getting closer & closer everyday, but I will be here at least until tomorrow when the pediatric cardiologist does an extensive cardiac evaluation on Isaac. (On a fun side note, the neonatologist asked me today if they can use Isaac's ultrasounds for teaching. Apparently they are very good recordings of fetal SVT. So if you plan to go to medical school down here, you may see Isaac staring in one of your cardiology or neonatology courses.)
The one downside of the medicine finagling is that it occasionally makes me feel really sick - which is just weird to take medicine that makes you sick. The nurses are really amazing - today one of them just stood next to me for an hour and put cold washcloths on my head and neck. I'm going to be so spoiled by the time I go home! My heart is doing great - I have one issue - I can't remember what it is called - but it is a normal side effect of the medicine and not a big deal. The other downside is daily, sometimes twice daily, blood draws.
I got the secret alternative menu from the nurses today, so now I can order a bunch of alternatives if the menu doesn't look good - so far I've only had one dud meal.
I know I keep saying it, but the nurses are the BEST! Today my nurse brought me a bag of magazines, they all love playing with Isla, another nurse went on-line and we looked at her twin Granddaughters on facebook, they research fetal SVT and bring me info on it from their hospital medical research accounts, and every time Isaac's heart rate goes up they peak in and tell me that the doctors know, so I don't have to worry.
Saturday Night Nurse - Lorna
Saturday Night Tele Nurse - Nicki
Saturday Night CCP - Onie
Sunday Nurse - Cat & Karin
Sunday Tele Nurse - Catherine
Sunday CCP - Judy


No comments:
Post a Comment