I'm learning a lot here...
The nurses are awesome and found me reliable articles about fetal SVT. Too bad I don't really feel like reading them...
- I learned that putting a baby heal warmer on an IV port opens the veins and makes it less painful when they flush it.
- I learned that it takes a day of being up and active to recuperate for every day being "down" in the hospital.
- I got leg squishies (not the technical term) and I have to wear them all day except 30 minutes in the morning and night...I can't imagine sleeping in them - we'll see...
The lady that was also on a heart monitor went home Thursday, so it is now just me and the Tele Nurse hanging out in my room all day. It is a little weird because there is zero privacy except for bathroom trips and my shower (and those come with little knocks on door to make sure I haven't passed out.) I'm learning not to feel like I have to be a hostess to the Tele nurses and they are all very good at being unobtrusive.
I know I'm doing a lot of whining on here...I'm still just processing everything. Even though Andrew & I are not thrilled with the situation and we both have a little whining to do, we are also both beyond grateful that they discovered Isaac's SVT and are doing everything they can to keep him healthy. We don't for a minute overlook the gift of life that they are giving our beloved little boy.
The sun just came out - this view is so pretty. I'm facing East and my view is North, so I feel like I'm facing a lot of people I love, which makes me happy.


2 comments:
My Dear Sweet Ali, What a trooper you are I wish that there was more I could do but I have chosen to let you rest so that Isaac will settle down so you can come home. I know that you are looking forward to your Mom coming tomorrow. Just know that PaPa George and I are always thinking of you and praying for both of you. As for the squishes or however you spell them, PaPa had to wear them too and really got hot with them on.
Love, MaMa A
You have earned the right to whine as MUCH as you want! (And it doesn't come across as whining at all, so don't fret!) And you mean the little booties that massage your leg to keep clots from forming and the circulation good, right? I really loved those things! I thought the sound of them was soothing and it was kind of like a little leg massage ;) I hope you manage to sleep with them on, though!
Post a Comment