Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 12, 2011

Braxton Hicks...

I've been having Braxton Hicks contractions since 2nd tri and lately they have gotten more frequent. For the past month I get them every evening for 1 or more hours. My theory is that my body is so tired be the end of the day that my uterus is just screaming for me to go to bed (while my brain, says "Nooooooo!!!!!!" My brain at 8 pm is like a toddler who has missed her nap and is on a sleep deprived energy spree.)

Last night the Braxton Hicks kicked it up a notch by throwing in some painful contractions every 15-30 minutes. They (& the Braxton Hicks) lasted all night, but did not get worse. Isaac wasn't quite as active last night, but was back to his busy self today. I spoke with the OB this morning and she said that unless the pain gets worse or the contractions increase to 6 times an hour, then don't worry.

I'm not, but I really CAN'T wait to meet Isaac. Three of my friends/family had babies in the past four weeks and I'm getting baby fever! Also, I feel huge, huge, huge & I am so annoyed with my limited mobility. Getting up and down off the floor to play with Isla takes ages.
That being said, Isaac, you can still wait at least 4 more weeks, until you are full term!

2 comments:

Kenner said...

Okay, whatever you do, do NOT say, "Gosh, I wish he'd get here a little bit early!" because it apparently guarantees it will happen ;) I can't believe you're so close to your due date, already! HOW EXCITING!!! :)

strivingChef said...

Wow, only a few more weeks! I am soooo excited to see photos of your new little guy. (I can't wait to meet him too, once his immune system is ready to deal with meeting the Morton clan) :-)

I'm calling a week early. Spencer came at 39 weeks and it felt just about perfect. Your boy is already well past where Phoebe was at birth, so I know even if he arrived today he would be perfect, handsome and extremely healthy!

Yay! Put me on the list to bring you guys food!!!