At least 6 months ago, Isla started using the name "Chloe" to refer to anyone she didn't know. It started with our friend Amanda's wiener dog, who is actually named Chloe. Isla loves Chloe because unlike, Elwood (aka "Elwin"), Isla is bigger than Chloe and Chloe doesn't lick Isla in the face or take her stuffed animals. (Elwood is a big chocolate lab and has a weird thing about wanting to lick / chew anything Isla brings over. Actually Isla loves Elwood too, but he is sometimes overwhelming to her.)
Anyway, Isla named her little people toy dog Chloe and things just took off from there... She loves asking who random people are when we are driving along or out and about (e.g. a fed-ex driver, the gardener, the checkout lady, a little boy crying at Target.) When I say that I don't know, she responds, "I think I do. I think its Chloe." Then I say something like, "Oh, the garbage man's name is Chloe?" and she says, "Yes!" Sometime's stores are called Chloe too - it isn't always "Michael's," sometimes it is "Chloe's."
Book characters without names are also named Chloe. Sometimes Isla names the heroines or a favorite character "Isla." For example, every time we read a, "My First Little House Book" (Two thumbs up, BTW), I have to change it to "Laura and Isla," instead of "Laura and Mary." Tonight Isla decided that the main character needed a new name, "Chloe," of course, and the two unnamed sisters also needed names, "Chloe and Chloe." It led to some interesting reading... Andrew did a great job reading about, "Chloe hugging Chloe and Chloe."
I wonder how long it will last?
Of course, last Monday when she met a little girl at the park, her name was Chloe!


2 comments:
My nephews went through a similar phase. Everyone and everything was a "Polly Polly," but I have no idea (1) how long it lasted - seemed about 6mos-1year, and (2) where it came from. It is entertaining though!
I almost snorted water out my nose at "Oh, the garbage man's name is Chloe?" - HAaaa!
Post a Comment