Right now Isaac is doing great!!! He is still really healthy other than the SVT. They are starting to notice a pattern of prolonged SVT in the evening and at night, with occasional SVT at other times (like right now - he's reading my mind). The other weird thing is that the monitor tries to self correct, so when his heart rate goes up it reads it as computer error and splits it on the monitor, even though we can hear that it is high. This just adds to the excitement.
They thought they got my digoxin level up to therapeutic levels (at a level they think will help Isaac) yesterday, but then the blood test showed that it dropped below therapeutic levels again, so they are working with the pharmacist to figure out the right dose. It is tricky because typically they want a patient to be at 0.9 for digoxin, but when treating the baby through the mother they want the level to be between 1 & 2, but over 2 is toxic (hence the Tele nurse who sits in my room and looks at my vitals all day and night.)
They decreased the time between doses and then gave me a 1 time double dose.
We are still getting magnisum and some other stuff, but not through IV (Carolyn, yes, the magnisum drip was terrible! It reminded me of the description of Bella becoming a vampire in Twilight.) Hopefully the levels will be at a good rate soon & we'll know if they are improving things for Isaac.
(Other than a mild tachycardia & some headaches and dizziness, I have been handling the "dig" (as all the nurses call it) just fine.)
In other exciting news, I have a new HUGE room with a wall of windows & a great panoramic room on the 7th floor, a big bathroom with a shower and two beds, in case Andrew wants to stay over. I'm on the antepartum unit now, which is for long term hospitalized pregnant mommies - although I'm hoping to go home soon - maybe tomorrow, but possibly not until Monday.
Day 4 Tele Nurse - Lindsey
Day 4 New Nurses - Rose & Toni
CCP - Cheryl


2 comments:
Heading home soon, that is wonderful! (And no more magnesium drip, even better! I'd heard about it before having it, so I thought I was prepared . . . but nothing can really prepare you for that! I like your description, though!) Enjoy your new room and keep up the great work :)
I just read your updates, and it's so great that Isaac is doing so well! I have a feeling that the time before you get to meet him is going to fly by. And hooray for Andrew! (a friend in need is a friend indeed--doesn't quite fit but also does.) It's just wonderful that Isla is enjoying Preschool, that is a big milestone.
Sending loads of good thoughts your way!
Post a Comment